Doors made of natural oak
Oak array, used in the manufacture of interior doors made of oak, is one of the best and most expensive materials, as it has a number of advantages in contrast to other species. Since ancient times oak products are different from the rest of the amazing durability, reliability, a wide spectrum of color palette from dark red to yellow hues, which have more pleasant shade when using.
For manufacturing doors of natural oak trees of the age of 150-200 years are chosen. The preparation of wood play an important role to build doors and the method of gluing solid oak is no less important. After assembling the array of oak is primed and polished with a special solution. Then, it is etched by stain and is painted with clear lacquer. Thus the natural beauty of the material is emphasized and pattern of a leaf becomes brighter. The main advantages of such doors can be shown.
- Doors made of natural oak are very resistant to mechanical influence.
- Ecological cleanness of materials. Oak is an ecologically clean product that does not emit any toxic substances, which is very important when installing interior doors, both at home and at hospitals, schools and kindergartens.
- Long period of use. Doors made of oak will last a very long time, and in the operation they practically do not lose properties such as reliability and durability.
- Improved sound insulation. Unlike other types of wood oak is much denser than the rest by the composition, so sound passes through it much worse. Due to this quality, they are well suited for installation in bedrooms, children’s rooms, as well as in offices that require peace and quiet.
- Elegant appearance allows them to fit perfectly with the surrounding decor.
Models of oak are more durable and reliable among other types of interior doors. They are remarkably fit into the interior of premises and can be widely used in both residential and non-residential premises. There are many types of interior doors made of oak which have different design and colors and that allows you to choose the most suitable door for your interior.
An oak door frame is an indispensable component in the configuration of a door on which it is fived. A frame should have all the good qualities, as its functions are considered to hold a leaf, rather heavy, and durable to temperature influences. Constructions are in the form of an arch and in the classical rectangular shape.
In order to extend the life of the service of oak doors special care is require. Periodically, they need to be covered with a special moisture-resistant varnish. In a room in any case humidity and temperature conditions should not be exceeded. If indoor air is too dry, it is necessary to use special humidifiers. By following these rules, you can increase the life of tree.
Advantages and disadvantages of interior leaves of oak solid.
The advantages of interior doors of oak solid.
- They are the most prestigious of their kind, as they are made from natural piece of high-quality wood, they look very aesthetically pleasing and beautiful. Choosing an expensive interior door of oak solid, a owner emphasizes his status and identity. Such models have high reliability, functionality and durability.
- They have high durability. Such material, such as oak, is a high-durable and wear-resistant, they are the best representative of their class. Doors made of oak are not subject to deformation as a result of exposure to environmental factors, and they can last for several decades with proper care without any loss of properties. The special paint coatings, reducing data exposure, are used for durability to temperature changes and humidity changes when manufacturing of doors.
- Soundproofing. Doors of oak solid hardly miss sound, so this kind of interior doors is popular when installing in bedrooms, children’s rooms and balconies. An owner feels more comfortable and cozy with such door.
- They consist of almost 100% of wood, which is an environmentally friendly material. Therefore, a door of oak solid is the most reliable solution for residential installation.
The disadvantages of oak doors.
- The main disadvantage of oak solid doors is dependence of contact with moisture. It negatively affects wood, decreases its life, a leaf may be deformed, and change a size. Therefore, when manufacturing of doors of this type wood passes the various stages of drying in special ovens and it is covered with a special varnish. If it is known beforehand that a door is installed in a place with high humidity, it is recommended to add paint and varnish, to dry for 3-4 days, and only then to set.
- The wood is very heavy, therefore, the installation of interior doors made of oak solid is complicated . But this problem can be encountered only when installing, after this it will be eliminated, because of this you can pay no attention to this disadvantage.
- Over time, due to the large weight of the structure, a door leaf can be slightly deformed, and hinges on which it is held, can weaken. Therefore, they occasionally need a little pull.
- The high cost. However, an owner would get a reliable and durable interior door, which will serve him for a long time significantly.